Cyber Monday is near and millions will be shopping online for eco friendly gifts. Though online shopping can be a Greener way of shopping, due to the lack of CO2 from driving from store to store, there are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for eco friendly gifts for the holidays on Cyber Monday to keep it Green!
- Look for stores that sell environmentally conscious products
- See how far the package must go, before it arrives to you
- Look for drop ship retailer, drop shipping products is much Greener!
- Shop stores that have Green practices in their day to day business
- Avoid big box stores such as Wal-mart
- Look for products that have recycled, sustainable, or natural content
- Purchase products that come with replacement parts
- Avoid one use or disposable products that go in the landfill
- Buy products that have energy star or another energy efficient seal
- Buy products packaged in recycled or recyclable materials
- Combine your shopping to a few stores to lessen the deliveries
- Use Green shipping companies such as Fed-ex
- Look for products that are American Made, Locally produced or handcrafted
- Shop local! Support your local economy!
- Buy Gift Cards or Gift certificates
- Donate to a charity for a gift instead of buying tangible items
- Buy Organic products, organically produced content
Enjoy your Cyber Monday shopping spry for eco friendly gifts. Look for ways to help the environment too by being aware of your carbon footprint. Every little bit you do to help the environment is a step closer to lessening your carbon footprint and the impact on the planet. It keeps the landfills free so future generations have a cleaner and healthier future. Shopping Green for Eco friendly gifts can be fun! Happy Holiday’s from Pumpkin Doodle!
As a mother that tries to live a healthy, green lifestyle, I’m always looking for the eco friendly gifts. Natural mother’s choose eco friendly gifts because they are better for the planet, their children or the children they are buying for. It isn’t easy in today’s world of toxic chemicals in children’s products to find non-toxic and eco friendly gifts. Gifts that you can feel good about using or giving to someone you care about. Mainstream packaging and advertising, make it tough for the children all caught up in the bright colors and dazzling packaging. They really want the most colorful products. Meanwhile your standing at the checkout counter having to read the labels and saying No to a products the kids really want. I try to limit the exposure my children have to the mainstream big box stores and buy products that I know they will love and enjoy without the toxins. Most especially plastic has off gassing that is not only toxic but unpleasant to breathe. When shopping for eco friendly gifts, remember to check the ingredients to make sure it is truly a non-toxic healthy product for your child. Birthday parties and school friends create lots of opportunities to buy gifts. Natural Mother’s shop for eco friendly gifts for these occasions and it gives an opportunity to show your children how to watch their toixc exposure to mainstream products. It also sends a message that you don’t tolerate products that are unhealthy for yourself and your family. Showing the world one small gift at a time that our carbon footprint our health and wellbeing matter most in the world. Green parents appreciate the time and effort spent on buying eco friendly gifts. Children don’t have to do without these days, there are plenty of eco friendly gifts that will satisfy every little hearts desire for fun, educational and colorful toys, gifts for all occasions.