Cyber Monday is near and millions will be shopping online for eco friendly gifts. Though online shopping can be a Greener way of shopping, due to the lack of CO2 from driving from store to store, there are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for eco friendly gifts for the holidays on Cyber Monday to keep it Green!
- Look for stores that sell environmentally conscious products
- See how far the package must go, before it arrives to you
- Look for drop ship retailer, drop shipping products is much Greener!
- Shop stores that have Green practices in their day to day business
- Avoid big box stores such as Wal-mart
- Look for products that have recycled, sustainable, or natural content
- Purchase products that come with replacement parts
- Avoid one use or disposable products that go in the landfill
- Buy products that have energy star or another energy efficient seal
- Buy products packaged in recycled or recyclable materials
- Combine your shopping to a few stores to lessen the deliveries
- Use Green shipping companies such as Fed-ex
- Look for products that are American Made, Locally produced or handcrafted
- Shop local! Support your local economy!
- Buy Gift Cards or Gift certificates
- Donate to a charity for a gift instead of buying tangible items
- Buy Organic products, organically produced content
Enjoy your Cyber Monday shopping spry for eco friendly gifts. Look for ways to help the environment too by being aware of your carbon footprint. Every little bit you do to help the environment is a step closer to lessening your carbon footprint and the impact on the planet. It keeps the landfills free so future generations have a cleaner and healthier future. Shopping Green for Eco friendly gifts can be fun! Happy Holiday’s from Pumpkin Doodle!